In the last post I mentioned that
we painted our bedroom in January.
It's still not quite finished,
I need to paint the insides of the wardrobe,
and the window frame;
buy some new doorknobs and
eventually I'd like to have some new curtains
and a new quilt cover.
You can see the wall colour in these photos,
it's a soft grey-brown
called Limed White,
Once the painting is really finished
we'll get new carpet, too.
But one thing I did get done,
is a jewellery organiser.
Using materials that I already had,
and purchasing only upholstery pins,
it cost me around $5.00
(although I did buy a staple gun for around $20.00,
something I've been meaning to buy for a while)
If I had bought all the materials new
it would have cost about $50.00, I think.
The board is made of canite,
a soft material used for noticeboards.
Canite is ridiculously expensive these days.
This was an old piece my Dad gave me,
with plenty of pin holes and one squashed corner.
I had some cotton drill in a light grey
that tones with the wall colour
and the ribbons were left over I think from my
first Jane Austen costume.
It was simply a matter of stapling the fabric
over the board, and then measuring out the spacing for the ribbon
and attaching them with the upholstery pins.
I hang my earrings on the ribbon,
organised by colour.
Below the earring section
I put some pins in for necklaces,
only pushing them part-way in.
I'm loving having my jewellery accessible
and on display.
And hanging on a picture hook
behind the door, it's something I can easily
change in future if necessary..