Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Autumn Evening


Daylight savings has ended, and tonight is our first dark evening.


The weather is appropriately wet and chilly, 
so we feel cosy inside.


Most of the blogs I read are celebrating the first blossoms
and hints of warmer weather.
But here tonight I am celebrating closing the curtains early,
a tidy house, time to sit and read, and just feeling cosy.


Today we also celebrated my dad's 75th birthday with family.

I love the post-visitor feeling, don't you?
A tidy house, leftovers in the fridge, and just a little bit of exhaustion.
There's nothing more relaxing ...

2 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! Glad that you are enjoying your darker evenings, just as we are enjoying our lighter ones! xx

Hill upon Hill said...

The cake looks lovely. Enjoy the cosiness.