Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Colours of the holidays


It's been a colourful few days.


Today the girls and I went to the Opera House for  
The Australian Ballet's Introduction to the Ballet -
watching the dancers do their daily class onstage,
and then dance part of Manon, in colourful full costume with a set.
We three sometime ballet dancers loved it.


When we came out at 1.30 the sun was still shining,
blue skies and green palm trees.
Our first fine afternoon in a long time.


It was hot, too, in the sun. The girls had icecreams
(while I sat nibbling on a dry GF/DF biscuit, wishing some things were otherwise)

Yesterday Laura went iceskating with friends
(a big adventure making their way there 
alone on public transport for the first time).

I tidied the plastics cupboard while I waited for the kettle to boil.


Emily and I spent the morning trying and comparing different brands of colouring pencils,
then went out and collected my new reading glasses.
Before I chose frames I'd decided I'd go for tortoiseshell or blue,
remarkably, I found a frame with both colours.
(The jury is still out as to whether they are helping,
I'm still adjusting to them)


Emily made the difficult decision at the art shop,
and invested in 36 Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.


I bought some cable needles, and am knitting cables for the first time.
It seems to be working, and is not as difficult as I expected.
I don't know why I waited so long.


 And just now, a gorgeous sunset,


casting a peachy glow onto Emily's bedroom walls.


I hope you are having a colourful week, too.

No comments: